Thursday, 8 June 2017

Nars Deep throat blush

Nars are a brand I really don't own much from. They are on the higher end of the make up spectrum and as I don't have a counter nearby I find it hard to pick out what I might want from the website as I do like to swatch products before I buy them and get a proper feel for them. This is a mini sized version as I got it as part of a gift set but it is a perfect way to test it out and it really is still an impressive size. 

The packing is the same as the full sized products, and is a matte black with the white Nars logo on the lid. The lid has a secure closure and doesn't feel like it would come undone when travelling with it. When new the product comes with a clear insert that has the Nars logo on which sits over the powder, a nice touch but one that is often discarded. The mirror in the lid of the product is a nice size, not big enough to do your make up in with this being a miniature size of the full sized product, but definitely a nice one to have for quick checks on your make up or in a pinch. The matte slightly rubberised feel of the packaging does mean is grabs dirt and marks so can look a little gross after a while but a quick wipe over and it looks good as new. 

Deep throat, excuse the name I have no control over this, is a warm pink coral shade with a golden shimmer that creates a sheen on the cheeks. I really like the shade and it is a lovely one that you can apply lightly for a light dust of pink on the cheek, or build it up more in order to give it a bit more impact. I find this is really easy to build up and the product has a really nice formula that gives good colour pay off but not too pigmented, which allows you to have complete control. 

I find the colour is really easy to apply, I have used a few different blush brushes with this from slightly more fluffy ones to angled ones that are maybe slightly more designed for contour, but it still worked. It applies to the skin easily and looks lovely on top of foundation, blending effortlessly and seamlessly on top of the other products and blends on the edges to work with contour and highlight. I find the colour lasts all day on the skin and looks lovely throughout the day showing barely any signs of wear in line with my other make up. 

Overall I am so impressed with this blush and really like the formula of this. I think at £20.70 for a full size, I wont be rushing to get a full collection of these, but I do like them enough to pick out a few key colours and build a few more into my make up collection over time. You can find these, and the shade reviewed here at John Lewis here, where you can see the shades range from light colours to deeper tones and have a colour that will appeal to most people. I think if you want a nice, luxury blush to invest in these are a lovely one to consider as it is one of my go to blushes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment