Monday, 10 April 2017

Valentino Valentina perfume

As summer approaches I have a few perfumes on my perfume shelf to use that are much more spring and summer themed, but I do love to test out new perfumes and I am always looking for nice ones to add to my collection, even if I have a shelf full to use up! The Valentina perfume from Valentino comes in a beautiful bottle which has a flower on the front and is one I have seen in store quite a lot. When I got a sample of it I thought I would test it out and share my thoughts on it!

The packaging of the full size bottle is a beautiful is a lovely simplistic shape, with the flat front and back the sides are curved to make a disc shape which looks sleek and elegant and would look lovely on a lot of dressing tables or perfume collections. the top of the bottle is adorned with a lovely spray top that looks beautiful. The front has beautiful roses on and looks so lovely, it would fit the theme of my beauty room and office so well. 

I looked on the website for some of the notes in the fragrance and it says the top notes capture the freshness of calabrian bergamot enhanced with alba truffle. with heart notes of amalfi orange blossom and a touch of wild strawberry. While the base notes encompass the sensuality of cedar woods and amber. The scent in my opinion is nice, but it is quite heavy and was a bit full on for my liking and so so I wasn't quite as keen on it over all. My husband, the trusty scent sniffer when I am not sure on a perfume said he thought it was 'not bad' and gave it an approving nod. 

I sprayed the scent both directly on my skin and on my clothes and while it did last a few hours I felt it wore off a lot quicker than some of my other perfumes, leaving me a little bit disappointed. Through the testing the scent seemed to disappear after around 4 hours or so and I was really disappointed. To say the day I spent testing this out was a day I sat at my PC and blogged and did blogger related work for the day I feel it may not have worked so well had I been really active. 

I think the combination of the scent not quite being to my taste, and the fact it didn't have the long wear time I get from some of the other fragrances I own, I will pass on this one in the future. I do think there are a lot of people who would love the scent, and maybe it will wear differently on other people. I was quite disappointed with this, but having said this I would now like to test out other Valentino perfumes as I have heard such good things that I did have high hopes for this! Let me know if you have tried this and what you think! 


4 comments:

  1. it's a shame you didnt like this! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I had quite high hopes, but at least it was just a sample and I hadn't spent money on a full size x

      Delete
  2. It is a shame it didn't last so well on you! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just glad I didn't buy the full bottle, but at least I got to try it x

      Delete