Tuesday, 4 April 2017

Origins GinZing energy boosting moisturizer

I have reasonably normal skin, with not too many problem areas, but I do get a few dry patches which I always look to try and sort out as soon as they flare up. I find there are trends and I tend to only get them when I neglect my skin and don't moisturise or if I sleep in make up on the few very rare occasions it happens. I was really excited to get the in my advent calendar, it is a product I have heard a lot of good things about, as well as hearing good things about the range and so I couldn't wait to see how it worked for me. 

The packaging of this was really nice, the tube is really easy to use, and I love that the full sized product comes in a jar as I tend to look for jars as they are easy to scoop product out of and fully see what is left. I love the bright orange branding of the product, it is fun, enticing and really brightens up my morning with the lovely packaging.

The cream is a nice thin textured cream that holds its shape well when squeezed out onto my hand, but smooths into the skin easily and is light weight with no residue, oil or greasy texture left on the skin. The cream is a off white colour that turns clear as you rub it into the skin leaving no visible trace of the product on the skin.

The product left my skin feeling soft and plumped with a touch of radiance. I felt the moisturiser worked with my skin and didn't irritate or leave any signs of redness on my skin, with it sinking in and softening the skin easily and quickly. The product feels weightless on the skin and doesn't have a thick, heavy moisturising feel that some other formulas do, but it still encompasses the same hydrating and moisturising finish the others have. 

I can apply this after my skin care routine and by the time I am back in my room at my dressing table and picked out my products my skin is ready to have make up applied. It only takes a few minutes to get a fully sunk in finish, and is easy to apply make up over the top. I don't notice any difference to my make up when I apply this and the moisturiser doesn't leave any residue that may break down foundation, or cause it to apply differently from my experience which is also great. 

At £24 for a 50ml tub this is a reasonable price, despite being high end, you can find it here if you want to check it out. I feel like this works so well and is one that I will come back to in the future when I have used this up, but I do have a couple of other moisturisers to test out and review before I can purchase any more, but I do really recommend this one and I would continue to use it if I didn't have other things to test out! 


8 comments:

  1. I've never tried much from Origins, one of the only things I have tried is the Ginzing face masks which I loved! I keep meaning to try more from them (but have enough skincare that I'm trying to clear out for the forseeable!) but I'm glad to hear that this is as nice as my experience with the masks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to try the masks next as they always sound so lovely! I also have a lot of skincare to use up and get through haha so I feel your pain with that one! x

      Delete
  2. Origins have some great skincare - i really would recommend you try their masks! the drink up intensive is great for any dry skin xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely want to try the masks, I think when I am next in town I will have a good look through the stand and see which take my fancy, the drink up intensive is one I have seen a lot about and want to try out! x

      Delete
  3. I'm not sure if I've ever heard of this range before. It's certainly bright and eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has lovely bright packaging, I really want to see what else they have to offer from the range x

      Delete
  4. I've heard so many good things about this it sounds lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had too so I was really excited to try it, I can't wait to try more from the range x

      Delete