Saturday, 1 April 2017

Katie Rebecca Retro

Katie Rebecca retro is a vintage brand set up by a lovely husband and wife duo with a passion for all things retro. The passions came to surface when Alison began making costumes for her daughter, Katie Rebecca, when she was a vintage singer and wore vintage dresses to perform. the beautiful brand came to surface when they began to make and produce both vintage style clothing as well as tea cup and tea pot lighting which are beautiful!



With a wide range of products on offer in a range of prints which are all so lovely and would match a lot of outfits, as well as having coordinating ones in the same prints as the dresses and skirts. The headbands are the perfect way to incorporate a vintage twist on an outfit, or to compliment a full vintage outfit. The patterns and fabrics used were all beautiful with me having a few firm favourites from the patterns! 


The vintage dresses have so much care and detail put into them, from choice of fabrics to the care that goes into sewing each dress individually. The dresses are all unique and Alison even tried to limit the number of dresses made from the same material in order to make sure customers are getting unique, personalised products. The dresses are made in a size range of 6-22 and will fit the majority of people who come to discover the brand.

The skirts are made with a one size fits all ethos, meaning you can pick any skirt in stock and almost guarantee a perfect fit! I think this is incredible, as due to the nature of the vintage look and wanting to limit the number of items in the same fabric it allows customers to still have the wide variety of patterns and styles without worrying about sizing. I love this idea, and think it is so great as I do sometimes find with brands that make one off pieces that I usually can't get my size, or struggle to find the perfect fit. 


Along side dresses and skirts, customised T-shirts are on offer to compliment both the skirts, or to be worn with other outfits. I love that you can pick out a full outfit with a skirt and top and create a unique look as a whole, I find it can sometimes be difficult to match vintage style clothing to things on the high street in the times I have worn vintage inspired clothing in the past. The tops are lovely quality, customised in a ways that gives them a vintage flare and an added touch of style.


Did I mention they also do a line of children's clothing? It took every ounce of my not to buy this beautiful daisy print dress, which I know for a fact I don't have any friends or relatives who have a young child that would fit into it, but I really did consider it anyway! Alas I let it stay on the rack, knowing it would go to a home where a little girl would be able to wear it with pride and will be as overjoyed with it as I was when I first laid eyes on it! Just like the ladies range, the care and detail that has gone into the children's clothing is simply faultless, the button details on the back, to the seams and edges it is all done with visible care and attention. 

The other part of Katie Rebecca Retro is the tea cup lamps. Designed with care and attention, these beautiful lamps take true care and attention to detail to make with these beautiful creations making a feature product that could be used in most rooms of the house. These would make a beautiful statement in a kitchen alongside beautifully displays china tea cups, or make the perfect addition to a retro themed bedroom, just to name a few ideas. 

From a range of different unique sourced china cups and sources the lights are made with efficient LED bulbs which have a long life span, as well as being battery operated which means you can easily swap the battery, and you don't have to worry about trailing cables, or putting these near a plug socket. The beautiful lamps range from having metal bottoms, to saucer plates as stands right through to a bicycle chain with a cog style stand. I love the care and attention to detail each lamp has had take, and with the different styles of stands it shows you are getting something very personalised and unique. 

The teacup lights will be getting the option to chose colour changing LED lighting as an option for the lamps which I have seen at the craft fayre these were set up at, and they look very impressive and are a great modern twist to the lamps. My house has a lot of modern decor and I know I don't have a rightful place for a lamp like this, but I am so in love with the way they look and the statement they make I am desperately seeking a place to give on a home!

Katie Rebecca retro is a wonderful brand that show care and attention to detail in all of their products. The range is one to suit both home and fashion and has so much to offer it cannot be overlooked if you love vintage style. The details of the brand and back story can be found on their website if you want more information here, with the Etsy store for the site having launched here. The shop is very well priced and have a wide range of items to share, if you love retro this is one to look into!  


14 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness..
    This is me to a T! I'll have to look this up; Although I'm sure I've seen her stalls before at previous vintage fairs! Thank you for showcasing this beautiful work xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you would like it! was meaning to send it over to you and hadn't had chance yet today! Its so nice, I could buy one of everything! x

      Delete
  2. Thankyou Sarah for your lovely comments

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting little spot! Those lamps are amazing, I collect tea cups, and I'm a little sad that they've been dismembered as I'd like them on my welsh dresser haha! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww haha! they are so beautiful and the care that was taken to make them is flawless! they are such a fun quirky way to incorporate a lamp into a room though! x

      Delete
  4. Where is the actual store Sarah? I really want to get a really vintage looking skirt and this looks like a great place to start xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its online and they do vintage fayres, they are on etsy, but I saw them at a vintage fayre so was able to see it set out in person, but I think etsy is probably the easiest place to shop :) xx

      Delete
  5. such cute prints! love the tea cup lights xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they amazing! I can't believe how beautiful they look I love vintage tea cups and tableware!

      Delete
  6. This looks amazing! As you know, I'm a huge vintage fan so this is right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its such a lovely brand, I'm definitely looking for ways to incorporate a few of the skirts into my wardrobe I love them! x

      Delete
  7. Wow! How cute is the little children's daisy dress?!? It all looks fab, absolutely love vintage styling.

    Kara
    www.spreadthesparkle.co.uk
    💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so beautiful I wish I had someone to buy it for! x

      Delete