Monday, 13 March 2017

Soap and Glory sugar crush body lotion

Soap and Glory are a brand I have used a lot over the past few years and I know I love a lot of their products. Despite owning quite a lot of them, I don't tend to own 'sets' of products. For instance, I have used the sugar crush shower gel quite a few times and not had the matching scrub or body butter to use, until now. There is something luxurious about using all matching products and I love the way it amplifies the scent on the body. I finally got the chance to try the Sugar crush body butter in combination with the body wash, which I reviewed here.

The body butter comes in a pink tub, reminiscent of the soap and glory branding, while having the signature green branding of the sugar crush line. The limes indicate the sweet lime scent of the product while having clear text on the label to distinguish what ti is and how it should be use. I love the packaging of these, the tub is easy to store and stack if you have multiple scents and brands to store on the shelf as well as meaning you can scoop out every last bit when you use it.

The formula of the body butter is on the thicker side, however I tend to get a small amount and as you work it between you hands and into the skin it thins out into a nice, easy to distribute formula that sinks in nicely and doesn't leave a residue on the skin after it has sunk in, I usually give all moisturises a little bit of time, maybe 5 minutes just to be sure, but this felt sot to touch and non greasy almost instantly. I apply a thin layer as I don't need intense moisture, however you may want to be aware that a thicker layer may take longer to sink into the skin if you want extra moisture by applying a thicker layer. 

The product has a sweet lime scent that has the elements of a citrus scented product with a sweetness that makes it smell divine. I love the sweet elements to this scent, it really is a girly sweet scent that I think a lot of people will like and I definitely recommend having a smell of the line if you are passing by the display. 

Overall I love the product, the scent is one I am fond of, and the product is a nice consistency that sinks in well. Although I have a travel sized product from a gift set I got at Christmas, the full sized product retails at £10 for 300ml in Boots. I think it is a really great price, especially for the size as it will last a really long time. I am really getting into using up body butters as I have a lot that get neglected, but once I get through some and feel I need to repurchase some this is one I will definitely reconsider as I really do like it.




10 comments:

  1. love this scent so much I am a sucker for anything citrusy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It so nice, I love it a lot in summer too, the citrus scent is so nice on hotter days x

      Delete
  2. I think I have a whole gift set of Soap and Glory from Christmas which I haven't even opened yet! I really should as everything I see looks really nice. This sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh! I wanted that, I had it the year before but can't justify getting it because I already had so much stuff lol! x

      Delete
  3. I love this scent so much, and have amassed quite the collection of mini body butters and scrubs from the range (who else ALWAYS gets a S+G set for Christmas and birthdays?) Its a really lovely texture too 💕

    Kara
    www.spreadthesparkle.co.uk
    💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They make such good presents I definitely get them at christmas and birthdays too! Love the range though, I think the minis are great for travel or for testing them out on a small scale before getting a big bottle! x

      Delete
  4. this is my favourite body butter! the scent 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely has to be near the top of my list too! x

      Delete
  5. I always get their Christmas boxes! Absolutely love the stuff, especially the sugar scrub xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the scrub too! They make such great products I know I will love almost anything I try from them! x

      Delete