Tuesday, 14 March 2017

Real techniques bold metals 201 pointed crease brush

The bold metals collection, as you may have noticed is one I am quite fond of and own quite a few from. I don't own many pointed crease brushes, or brushes of this shape, usually favoring the fluffy crease brushes which blend out the colour and smoke out the edges as I wish. I was skeptical and unsure how I would find working with this brush due to it being different in shape to what I am used to, but I had high hopes.

The brush has the signature silver handle which is weighted for ease of use and a more professional finish. The brush has s small 'RT' engraved on the front and '201' engraved on the back of the brush to give subtle branding and an ease of finding out which the brush is if you want to recommend it or buy another. The bristles are a lovely clean, crisp white shade which makes them feel more expensive and look stunning on your dressing table.

The bristles are soft and feel lovely on the skin, while being firm and dense to allow it to hold its shape and apply the colour precisely and evenly. The brush has a decent circumference giving it a decent area of coverage, however the point allows you to work in a small area if you wish with the ability to press on a little more and achieve a slightly wider area range of the brush. 

I have taken a liking to this brush, using it as my initial eye shadow  brush to add a neutral brown tone to my crease to begin a transition shade for when I apply the rest of my eye look to have an initial colour to help with the blending. The brush picks up colour easily and effortlessly applying it smoothly and flawlessly giving it the perfect defined crease finish. 

The brush is one of my new staples in my eye routine when I want a full make up look. It is so easy to work with, gives depth and definition to my eye and is a brush I never knew I was lacking. At £12 available from Boots here it is one that I would have walked past without a thought, yet trying it I now couldn't be without it. If you love a defined crease look I definitely recommend you check this one out as it does exactly what it should!




8 comments:

  1. I really like the look of this brush, however the sheer length of the handles on the bold metals brushes really puts me off as I have enough trouble trying to get regular brushes into makeup bags!! xxx

    www.therosebeautyfiles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't travel very much so this hadn't crossed my mind! I will definitely bare this in mind in future though! x

      Delete
  2. You know I love the Bold Metals collection too, and this is one of my fave crease brushes as well 💕

    Kara

    💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so good, and I didn't even know I was missing this style until I used it! x

      Delete
  3. sounds like a perfect brush! I really need to try the bold metals! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so good, and I feel this is one that really defines the crease and adds a lot of depth! x

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. They are so pleasing to look at, and work so well too, I can't believe how good they are! x

      Delete