Wednesday, 29 March 2017

March Monthly round up

March? What on earth has happened, and how did we get to April already? 2017 is off to an amazing start and I am really enjoying the year so far. This month, like the first two has had some very exciting and intriguing opportunities to enjoy and I have pushed myself out of my comfort zone a few times in order to really enjoy the month to its full potential!



The month started out pretty slow in the first week, I wont dwell on it too much here as I will probably do a separate post on my blog about it if your more interested in the ins and outs and whys... I found out I will be going for surgery at some point in April, I don't fully know when yet, but I am nervous as I haven't had surgery before, but excited as I want to get to the bottom of all the problems they want to investigate!

The first exciting thing that happen this month which I am incredibly proud of, I was featured in a magazine! Yes, my little face! It was from the beauty temple event and the picture was printed in the 69 degrees magazine that is local to the east midlands and free to pick up around the city centre. I was so proud and felt very honoured to have my little face pop up, I now have three copies and generously pushed one on my parents to show them my achievements! 

Looking towards a more positive spectrum of events I have been to so many blogger events this month and I have really had an amazing time and can't wait to share some more of the events I have lined up for April when I have been to them and can blog about them! The first event was at Copper cafe in Nottingham, this was a long planned event that hit a few rocky road bumps along the way, but all in all was an amazing event that really came together nicely and was worth the wait to attend. It was a relaxed and enjoyable meet up which is perfect, it was nice to see a lot of familiar faces and a few new faces who I speak to online but had yet to meet in person. The atmosphere was lovely and it was a really pleasant event to attend. 

Where do I start with Chino Latino? An event that had pulled out all the stops? Imagine being greeted with a fire performer when arriving at a blogger event, only to go inside have a huge display of sushi. which I add I did try for the first time! only to then be presented with drinks and cocktails, a Chinese dragon, more cocktails, a stilt walker and a table four times the size of mine at home full of desserts and treats... The event was lovely to attend, the staff were lovely and welcoming and everyone was really pleasant. It was amazing to meet other people working in the media industries and great to see familiar faces once again. 

Derby for me is a home from home, having lived in the student halls for 2 years of my life and commuting there for a further year, it holds a dear place in my heart with both good and bad memories of my time as a student. When I saw there was a blogger meet up in Derby it made a nice change to Nottingham and was a perfect opportunity to explore Derby once again and see the familiar city once again. The meet up was held at Oliver's cafe on Friar gate and was the perfect setting to have the meet up, the food was fantastic, they invited the rested cocktail company to come along and share cocktails with us, as well as having specially made blogger 'menu' boards on our tables which was such an amazing touch! I once again got to meet so many lovely bloggers and it was so lovely to interact with them and get to know them face to face. 

A huge milestone for me was hitting 1,000 posts on my blog this month. I am incredibly proud of the way I have been able to keep up with the daily blogging, and I don't plan to stop any time soon, as mentioned above my surgery, though fairly minor may out me out of action for a few days, maybe even a week or two depending how I feel and how invasive the surgery becomes, so I am working hard on a lot of April prep to make sure I have lots of content for while I am recovering as I really do want to keep up with the posting and I honestly love writing and talking about the products I buy and test! 

Back in February I went to an event at beauty temple which was looking at the upcoming trends and the approaching catwalk shows, where I was gifted front row seating for the fashion show event 'campus to club' on the day of the show I was so inspired by the outfits the models had on, its left me itching to go shopping and fill up my wardrobe with new on trend pieces! While we were there we were offered the chance to see the other shows of the day, although we were only able to make it back for the style classics I am really glad we did. I now need to find a hundred events to go to so I can somehow reasonably justify buying everything I liked from the catwalk and have a stylish place to go to wear the beautiful outfits, with some only being fit for events like weddings.... 

I was also invited to an Intu Victoria centre event and spring style challenge. we were treated to prosecco on arrival, with a fashion presentation in the square. We were then set a fashion challenge where we were given a £20 gift voucher to spend in the Victoria centre and a 45 minute time scale to grab something on trend for spring. This was so generous and well thought out it was incredible! I picked up a lovely dress from quiz, however it sits quite short so I might wear jeans with it, I will style it for an OOTD soon, and a choker set as I love the longer chains in the set and haven't had chance to really try out the choker trend so I will be putting these to the test and styling them up too. The event the came to a close in the Handmade Burger Company where we were treated to dinner which was lovely. The lovely staff at Intu are so welcoming and lovely to be around and the style challenge was so fun, rushing around the centre shopping was a real laugh and was great to shop with other bloggers! 

Well, what an exciting month that has been! I have some time off work in April and I am really looking forward to spending time with my husband for his birthday and just generally relaxing and unwinding while I am off work. I also have a couple of shopping trips planned so I will share those with you when I have been, if I manage to find things I like with all my inspiration from the catwalk shows and fashion events I have attended! I have had a hectic month and it seems to have flown by, but it has been a lovely month and I cant wait to see what April brings! 



10 comments:

  1. You have had a busy month haven't you? I've enjoyed reading all about your adventures in March and look forward to reading about more of them in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks, it has felt very packed full of events, April looks a little lighter on the events, but I still think there will be a lot of things o mention at the end of April too x

      Delete
  2. You've had a super busy month! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its been crazy! April is a little slower which is nice to recoup and chill! x

      Delete
  3. It was so lovely to see so much of you this month! It was a really great blogging heavy month and it was so much fun! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely to see you too, I had so much fun too x

      Delete
  4. You've had such a busy month - packed full of super fun events by the looks of things!

    Kara
    www.spreadthesparkle.co.uk
    💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its been lovely, I'm glad to have a bit of a slower month this month though to rest and chill out! x

      Delete
  5. March was such a blogger filled month! looks like a lot of fun xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been really good, and quite surreal! Having a quieter April now though! x

      Delete