Thursday, 30 March 2017

March favourites

March has been a crazy month, its been hectic and busy and a bit of a whirlwind. I have had a few favourites this month and a few of them are ones I have loved in the past and rediscovered, with one or two being new favourites. I am looking forward to April and have lots of new products to share with you over April so I should be discovering lots of new products again over the next few months. 



My first favourite is the Urban decay moon dust palette, this is a beautiful glitter filled palette in lots of colours that although I struggle to create a full look with just this palette, it is a perfect addition to my other eye shadows, to allow me to create a fun, glitter look. The shadows are lovely and work really well. I find them most pigmented when used wet on the eye. I also tend to layer the colours just to use the glitter as a finishing touch to the eyes, but it can work lovely on their own for a slightly lighter effect on the eye. 

The Laura Mercier foundation primer is one I have been using on and off, between using other primers, but it is one I usually go back to, or always pull out for more special occasions as I know it simply works, it does what it should and leaves my skin looking wonderful. It is a cream consistency, applying smoothly on the face and having a smooth base for the foundation. I find this works really well with pretty much all my foundations and they sit beautifully on top. Although this isn't the cheapest primer, retailing at £30 I am really glad I tried it as it works so well for me, I can see it being one I do repurchase when I have run out. 

The sleek blush by 3 in lace has also been a firm favourite this month, the middle shade is a stand out for me, the beautiful pink toned base with the golden toned shimmer. This looks so lovely on the cheeks and I really love the way it looks, I can wear this sheered down to be a light colour, or built up more to be more of a statement blush on the cheeks, This is such a pretty colour, and although I don't use it as my go to for day time, I love picking it out on days I want to feel a little more done up. The other colours are also really beautiful too and make really good day to day blush colours, so overall the palette is a beautiful combo and one I can see being a staple in my spring summer make up look. 

There could not be a favourites this month if I did not mention the Kat Von D tattoo liner. Imagine a liner that is so easy to use, makes a thin, easy cat eye and wears without any issue through the day, and your on the right line. Now imagine a very tired Sarah, who accidentally fell asleep in a full face of make up, only to wake up with one slightly smudge wing from the side I sleep on, and a perfect cat wing as it was when I first did it. This is my all time favourite eyeliner and while I would be reluctant normally to spend £16 on an eyeliner, this one is worth every penny! 

Lastly, one very proud moment this month was featuring in a magazine, it is the local magazine in the East Midlands and is one that is free to pick up from the local shops, and so it is easy to access. The beauty temple event I have been too was featured in the magazine, and my photo with the lovely Ellie over at Unique love style and Hayley over at Bunny Moonstone. There were also a few other pictures in there too, so I do recommend you have a look at a copy if you get chance. I am so overwhelmed with the lovely support and the opportunities I get from blogging, and I am so grateful to have each and every one of you as readers. 



14 comments:

  1. That palette with those eyeshadows though! I'm loving all the glitz and sparkle. I'd really love to try that Kat Von D eyeliner, but I think I'd struggle to justify spending that much on an eyeliner, no matter how good it was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the eye palette! I got a mini kit with a mini liner, mini liquid lip colour and a mini lipstick for around £20, so I felt like it was a bargain and a great way to test 3 products, however, I think it is a lot individually! x

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love the Moon Dust palette, it's so pretty. You've also reminded me I need to pull my KVD liner back out.

    Sarah
    Sarahinwonderland.co.uk <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too, I was so unsure how much use I would get when I first bought it, but I use it quite a lot, and the liner is so good! x

      Delete
  3. I finished up that blush by three from Sleek last year - only the middle one, the other two were too pigmented for my heavy hand!
    I love the look of the Moondust palette, I just feel like I wouldn't reach for it often enough to warrant it and probably have similar shades across other palettes!
    I'm currently also loving the Laura Mercier primer although I didn't like the tattoo liner when I tried it - it went everywhere on me and wasn't very pigmented!
    Great favourites
    Rachael - Helpless Whilst Drying

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the blush, I agree, the others are quite pigmented and I have to use such a light hand! I loved the moondust and while I dont reach for it a lot, I pull it out as often as I can justify and think its just pretty to look at sometimes haha! I'm sad to hear the liner didnt work for you, I might be warey of that if I do repurchase as I could have the same experience! x

      Delete
  4. I agree about the tattoo liner, it is so good! If you are looking for a budget alternative, the pen liner from Collection is about £4 and amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usd to love the collection liquid liner when I was a teen! I definitely need to try the pen version! x

      Delete
  5. I love the moon dust palette! It's so beautiful and the shadows have a lovely formula! I need to try that Laura Mercier face primer!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The moon dust palette is definitely one of my favourite purchases! I recommend the primer a lot its really good x

      Delete
  6. Love the look of the Moon Dust palette, totally kicking myself for not picking it up!

    Kara
    www.spreadthesparkle.co.uk
    💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so good, but I definitely wish I used it more often x

      Delete
  7. the moon dust palette is beautiful! I love the KVD liner! I also need that blush palette its gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blush palette are such good value and they do so many colour combinations! x

      Delete