Friday, 31 March 2017

March empties

I felt like I hadn't used up a lot of products this month, until I rounded them up off my shelf to photograph and realised I had done pretty well. I feel like the 'use up' project I am on to use up a lot of products I have accumulated on my shelves is slowly working but I have a lot of shower gels and body lotions which I find seem to take a long time to get through, especially when I want to change up what I use regularly. 




Shall we talk about Lush first? I have quite a few Lush products, however if I don't buy them in store I forget which I have had as you don't get the packaging and sort of forget what I have used up, but we will just got from here! I used up the Intergalactic which was a beautiful blue bath bomb which turned the water blue and gave the bath a beautiful galaxy like feel with the gold glitter making the bath look like I was swimming among the stars. 

I have also used up the Ms Flow candle I received at a meet up back in the summer, it was a lovely scent and one I would sometimes light when I went in the bath, then as Christmas approached I switched over the Christmas candles to get me into the spirit and then pulled this back out now the weather is warming up. It has a lovely scent and I really enjoyed using it.

I used up a travel pack of the Simple make up wipes, I don't often use make up wipes but they are great to have on hand when I am swatching make up or just simple if I am too tired to wash my face, or as a quick refresh through the day if I don't have make up on. These were really nice and I would pick them up again in the future, I also think they would make a great addition to a handbag if you like wipes as they are really good for the money. 

The Koya body scrub is something I hadn't heard of until I got it as part of a goody bag from an event I was at in the summer. This was really lovely and a good body scrub, although it isn't the easiest to get hold of and buy so I don't think I will be picking this up soon, just base on ease of access. I did really like it though and if this was easier to get hold of I would probably pick it up again, but for now I will be sticking to more easy to access products.

I have used up a bottle of nail polish remover, this is just a cheap one from Boots but it works amazingly. I haven't used it for a while as I have had a few sets of gel nails on since December but it has been used up, and I have repurchased this. The bottle has been redesigned but this is around £1 and is everything I hoped for. It takes the nail polish off easily and with minimal effort, it is a staple in my nail polish collection. 

Peaches and clean is a lovely face wash, I have used this mainly as a face wash when I either double cleanse and have removed my make up first or if I don't have make up on. I don't really have a reason for not using it to remove make up, I just simply like my oil cleanser the most for removing it and so I stick with that mostly. This also made a lovely face mask and gave my skin a nice overhaul when I wanted my skin to have a refresh. 

The dry shampoo I have used up this month is a cheap one from Bodycare. I was rushing to the car to pay for parking when I realised I had no change and the ticket machine doesn't give change so I ran in the last shop I happened to pass that might have something I wanted, Bodycare. I was scouring the shelves not really needing anything and spotted dry shampoo, something I will always use. for £1, this was actually pretty decent, it worked well and I would pop back and pick this up when I have used up the few I have since accumulated. 

The Body Shop spiced orange body butter is from a range that came out a few more years ago than I should probably openly admit, but when I found it stashed at the back with a little bit left in it I used it up for good measure as it looked and smelled fine so I didn't think there would be an issue. This was really lovely, although you can't buy it any more I really like the body butters from The Body Shop and I have a couple more in my collection but I really enjoy using them and will repurchase them in the future when I have used through my collection!

Mixed in with all this I also have a real techniques sponge, I use this pretty much every time I do my make up and I love them. This one had just seen better days and was ready to be thrown and replaced with a nice new one to make my make up lovely again! 

Overall I have used up quite a few things this month, and I am happy with the progress I am making on using things up, even if I am not getting through them as quick as I hoped! I am really going to sort through at the start of April while I am off and set aside a few designated items I want to fully use up by the end of the month in order to allow me to invest in some new products to use and try out as I really do love trying new stuff, but can't possibly fit more on my shelves!


8 comments:

  1. If you are looking for a new nail varnish remover i'd recommend the primark one as it comes with a pump top and its only £1.50! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds lovely! I will definitely keep an eye out for that x

      Delete
  2. I always use the twisty pots for nail varnish remover now! You're doing well using up your products, I'm absolutely hopeless!

    Kara
    www.spreadthesparkle.co.uk
    💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I am trying to be on a ban for buying things until Ive used more up, but its not quite working out fully, although I have used quite a few things up and I'm hoping to use up more this month too! x

      Delete
  3. You've used lots of lovely products here! I seriously need to get using more products! My house is over-run with skincare!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling I have shelves full to the brim with body care and skin care and things! I am making such a conscious effort to use up more things as I want to try so much new stuff and don't have space for new things lol! x

      Delete
  4. I love peaches and clean as a second cleanse it smells amazing xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I really want to repurchase but I am going to use up a few of my other bits first x

      Delete