Monday, 27 March 2017

Lush Ups-A-Daisy bath bomb

I love Lush bath bombs and I love their limited edition collections even more. I popped in recently and couldn't resist a selection of the mothers day and Easter products. I know it was mothers day this weekend just gone, but I still wanted to pop up this review as you can probably still get this for a few more days. The Ups-a-daisy bath bomb caught my eye as it has a pink and orange flower shape on one side and a blue and yellow flower on the other. I love the way it has the different colours and had high hopes of it being amazing and colourful in the bath. 

The bath bomb has beautiful bright colours in it and looks so appealing in the store that I was simply drawn to it. I love flowers, but this year I have got into them so much more, from refusing to have any flowers at my wedding in December, to having fresh flowers most weeks since the new year began, I have had a complete U-turn on my view on flowers and I knew this would make me feel like spring, and be really pretty to use. I love that they went for the two sided approach and had the yellow and blue on one side and the pink and orange on the other, it gives it a lot of dimension and added more colour to the bath.

The bath bomb has rosewood, rose and orange oil in it meaning it has a delicate floral scent with a hint of citrus. I did like the scent, although I did find it wasn't as strong as some of the other scents from lush, so may be good if you want a less heavily fragrance bath bomb. I liked the scent, but I have had others which I think would top the list of favourite scents, just based on personal preference. 

I dropped the bath bomb into the bath and it began to swirl and fizz as it dissolved into the water. Sadly, I don't feel like it was as mesmerising to watch as some of the other bath bombs I have used, but I love the swirls that come off the bath bomb and gave the water a beautiful pattern as it dissolved. I normally find the bath bombs fizz and dissolve at a quite rapid rate, having to be quick off the mark with my camera, yet this was a gentle, slow fizzing bath bomb which made it really easy to take these photos and was very pretty to watch. I do however feel the slow fizz of this felt a bit under whelming, as it took a while for the effects to really set in and be noticed in the water. Once dissolved, the bath bomb left the water a beautiful orange that was lovely to soak in and made it feel really uplifting and the bright orange made me feel revived and energised when I was feeling poorly at the time. 

At £3.50 I think this is a nice bath bomb, and if you know someone who would love the floral design it is definitely worth a look at, but for me it was a little slow in the water and not quite as exciting and thrilling as I hoped, so for me I wont pick it up again, however, I do like it enough to recommend as it is very lovely. I think my mum would also love this, I just wanted more of a quick fizzing colourful show. 




12 comments:

  1. that's so pretty it lets off some beautiful colours xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty, I am so glad I picked it, Lush are so good at colourful bath bombs! x

      Delete
  2. This one is so cute, I love the colour it turns the water.

    Kara
    www.spreadthesparkle.co.uk
    💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so pretty, I can't believe how lovely the water went! I love the colourful water and how fun they are x

      Delete
  3. I love how the colours of this one spread out on the water! Still not a lushie and don't think I'll ever be but I like looking at other people's pictures of them being used haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I think its because I am so obsessed with having a bath and I can just lay in the bath for hours I love having either lots of bubbles or the fun colours of the bath bombs while I am forgetting the world exists lol! x

      Delete
  4. I really like that although I do prefer the bubble bars as you do get some proper bubbles! I always really struggle to photograph bath bombs but you've done a fab job here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good bubble bath! Thanks! I just get my camera at the ready, I think the more of them you photograph you get a bit of a system that works XX

      Delete
  5. love the colours of this bath bomb! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so pretty I love it when they are really colourful, I always gravitate to the pretty ones with lots of colour in store lol! x

      Delete
  6. I love the way it dissolved! You captured it really well! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have got a bit of a system now for the bath bomb shots! haha x

      Delete