Tuesday, 21 March 2017

Lush Elsie the giraffe bubble bar

The Lush Elsie the giraffe bubble bar is by far the cutest, most creative bubble bar I have seen Lush ever make. Its genius, perfect use of the stick as the neck and the second I saw it I knew it had to be mine, there was no want, it was pure need because it is just the most beautifully and amazing reusable bubble bar I could ever think of. Ok, I admit it, I am know where near as creative or imaginative as the Lush team are.  


As you can see in the top photo the bubble bar is made up of three sections, the head, stick and body. The head is plain yellow and makes up the basic shape of the giraffe head with the markings for its facial features showing on the bar. I thin the giraffe is so cute and cartoon looking that I feel it would make a beautiful gift for mothers, or would be ones that kids may gravitate towards if they pick one out for their mum. The stick makes up the neck of the giraffe and is such a clever and creative way to utilise the way the reusable bubble bars are constructed. The bottom section of the giraffe makes up the legs and body of the giraffe. I love the yellow and I think the choice of the bright pink spots on the body give it a beautiful design and a great nod to the spots and patterns they usually have.

The bubble bar is a mixture of lime oil, grapefruit oil and lemon oil and has a beautiful citrus scent to it which fills the room when you use it. I love the way you can use as much or as little of the bubble bar to create as many bubbles as you desire. I hold the bubble bar under the running water and just hold it there until the bath has the desired amount of bubbles. This saves all the hassle of having to break up a bubble bar, or if you just want a quick bath with a small amount of bubbles you can just run it under for a little while and get a few just to add a bit of something to the water. One downside is it has a bit of a yellow tint to the water which I no can put some people off as it looks like someone peed in the bath, but I know I haven't peed and so it really doesn't bother me! 

At £6.95 the reusable bubble bars do sound more expensive that some of the other products lush bring out, however these last a really long time, and while I perhaps can get 3 or 4 baths from a normal bubble bar if I cut it up, I can easily get 10, if not more from these. I don't always have the most bubbles in my bath, but I would say I at least have the average amount of bubbles and I am not sparing with them. 

Overall, if you love citrus scent, or just love bubble baths I honestly believe you will love this. I think it is a cute, fun product that will appeal to kids, or would make a great present that will make them smile. I have been loving using this and I will be really sad when I have used it up and wont be able to get it again, so grab it while you can as it is limited edition!



10 comments:

  1. I love the look of this so much! It's adorable. I'd love to get this for my kids - I know you'd get hours of fun out of it. You're so right - these reusable bubble bars do last for ages if you're careful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The really do, its such a cute design and I think it would be perfect for kids! x

      Delete
  2. This is such a cute design! lush are definitely incredibly creative!! Molly xxx

    www.therosebeautyfiles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so creative! Way more creative than I am haha! x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Ins't he just! I couldn't no pick him up! x

      Delete
  4. This is just too cute 💗 I adore the Spring collection from Lush this year (every year come to think of it); there's so many bath time treats!

    Kara
    💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do such amazing collections I always think I have found my all time favourite, then they bring out a new collection and I love everything else haha! x

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Isn't it just adorable! I couldn't not buy it when I saw how cute it is! x

      Delete