Wednesday, 8 March 2017

Kerastase Elixer ultime oil

The Kerastase brand is one I am not very familiar with, but when I went to the Rush hair salon event in Nottingham late last year this was part of my goody bag and I was very excited to try it, and I have finally got round to giving it a good go. The sachet is a nice size to get up to two uses from in order to test it out and see if you like it. I have quite fine damaged hair so I was excited to see how it made my hair look.

The oil is an almost clear colour with  slight yellow-orange tint to it,. The oil is a nice consistency, a little on the thicker side, so it doesn't run off your hand immediately, but thin enough to work into the hair effortlessly.

I used about half the sachet poured out into the palm of my hand, rubbed it between my hands and finger combed it through the ends of my hair. it was a nice light weight feeling oil in my hair. It did leave a bit of residue on my hands, but I find most leave a bit of something, so I gave the a rinse and wiped them off. 

The oil left my hair feeling soft and smooth while looking healthier and shiny, I feel if I had used a bit more it may have added more shine, but I am always conscious of oils as my hair can go from shiny looking to greasy looking without prior warning and even after 23 years of it growing out my head I never quite know the balance between ok hair oil and too much hair oil with any brand, so just naturally apply maybe slightly less than others may. 

I was so impressed with the oil, and it made my hair feel so soft and silky that I genuinely want to buy the full size. I currently have 2 other oils that I am using so I don't know how soon I will get this if I do, but I really enjoyed the product. At £39.50 (currently on offer for £27.50) at Look Fantastic here. I can totally understand why this is sold in salons and a salon quality product, it is truely a great product. 




6 comments:

  1. I've only had Kerastase used in my hair at salons and it was great. I'm a Bumble and Bumble girl at heart, or Aveda but do want to pick up some of this too.

    Kara
    www.spreadthesparkle.co.uk
    💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Bumble and Bumble too, they do such great ranges, I haven't tried much from Kerastase but I'm so pleased with the things I have tried x

      Delete
  2. This sounds great. I really don't spend enough time or energy on my hair. I think I might have a sample of this too, so I really should try it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really lovely, I desperately need to sort my hair out it looks a bit of a mess at the minute.... haha x

      Delete
  3. I've never used this brand as I'm quite faithful to my morrocan oil! It's good that you can get it at a discount online tho! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Moroccan oil to test out next! Cant wait to give it a try ive heard so much good stuff about it x

      Delete