Friday, 17 February 2017

Sleek Contour kit Medium

Contouring is quite a scary venture, I am very pale and usually avoid anything that involves bronzing, or putting a darker toned powder on my face as I always worry it will look like I smeared mud on my face before leaving the house. I got the sleek contour powder duo in the set I got at Christmas, and apparently it is in the shade Medium, where I would definitely have gone for light if I was getting it individually, however I was determined to give it my best go and make it work. 

The kit has a contour powder and a highlight shade, the highlight is a little more on the golden side which I don't always go for, but I thought seeing as it came in the kit I would give it a go too. Set in a simple black compact that has a lovely mirror in the top and would be perfect for traveling. 

The contour powder is a matte finish which is perfect for contouring with as you want some thing that doesn't have shimmer or glitter in as you want to create a shadow rather than using glitter or shimmer that would highlight the area. The matte brown is quite a true flat brown that has slightly cool tone to it which I think looks great on my skin tone.

The highlighter in the kit is a beautiful golden toned highlighter that has a sheen rather than a glitter to it. I really like the colour of this and the way it gives a subtle but buildable sheen and highlight to the face in order get a subtle or dramatic highlight. For me, I prefer cooler toned highlighter on my skin tone and with the blush colours I wear, so although I do really like this one it wont be reached for as much as some of my others, just in terms of colour preference.

Overall, I am really impressed with the Sleek contour kit, for £7 you are able to get two really great products. Although I do recommend getting the shade that suits your skin tone best, I usually wear the lightest foundation shades in most brand and can make this powder work as a sheer wash of colour or a dramatic contour depending on the brush I use, if I use a light hand or how I build up the colour. I am so glad I managed to try these as they have made my venture into trying contouring really quite a pleasant experience and one I am now slowly getting better at doing and increasing my confidence in order to try more things with my make up. 




8 comments:

  1. This is such a gorgeous product! Such a good price too i definitely need to pick one up xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really pleased with it, I cant believe the quality for the price it is so lovely and I didn't want to spend a lot in case I was terrible at contouring haha!

      Delete
  2. I have never tried contouring but I think that a palette like this would be a good place to start

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would totally agree, as the first thing I have ever tried to contour with I found it relatively easy and straight forward, the colour is buildable so you dont get a thick line of colour immediately and is really nice to blend out too so it doesn't look harsh!

      Delete
  3. I love Sleek and definitely do not own enough of it. I was lucky enough to win a Sleek set in a competition run by Leah (Devoted To Pink) just before Christmas which included this and their contour brush. Really good quality stuff and the brush is super soft, love it.

    Kara
    www.spreadthesparkle.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to add more sleek to my collection in the coming months, I might have to check out the contour brush as it sounds really good, I love soft brushes that feel nice on the skin! x

      Delete
  4. I really want to try Sleek makeup, heard such good things but I am absolutely hopeless at contouring! Might give it a go for £7 though! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really bad at it, I tried it a few times on days I wasn't going out, but I find a light hand can make it look very natural and I build it up slowly, the braver you get the more you can apply (up to still looking natural obviously) and I have seen my skills improve some while I have been using it, enough that I feel brave enough to go out with subtle contour now! x

      Delete