Friday, 24 February 2017

Ruby professional large tapered blending brush

The Ruby large tapered blending brush is a soft and fluffy blending brush for the crease which allows colour to be blended out carfefully and easily with little fuss. Ruby is a brand I am very unfamiliar with, until I got it in my glosy box I don't think I had heard of it. I love having new brushes to try, and while my Real Techniques ones are my staple collection I love trying out new brands and have a slow growing collection of other brands. 


The blending brush has soft, gentle bristles that feel nice on the skin when blening colour. The handle is strong and sturdy making it easy to hold and use. The brush is also cruelty free which makes it perfect for all beauty lovers. 

The brush picks up colour nicely and distributes it onto the eye evenly. It can be used to add colour and then blend or to just blend out shadow already on the lid. I tend to use it for my initial crease colour, a light brown shade which helps the other shadows on top to blend out and transition up to the eye.  I also use this clean to blend the outer edges of my eyeshaodw to look seamless and so it doesnt have a harsh outer edge on looks I want to be soft and blended. 

The brush is really nice quality and is unlike a lot of the brushes I already own, giving me a slight variation on a blending brush which has come in handy in my make up collection The brushes are nice quality and work well on the eyes. At £6.80  the brushes are reasonably priced, although looking around the internet for these brushes proved hard to track them down individually, but the website gives a long list of stockist which makes it easy to locate somewhere which may stock the products. If I was able to track the brushes down individually I may buy more, but I own so many brushes currently that I cannot justify buying the set they have on the website as I don't need all the brushes it has to offer. 


8 comments:

  1. I've actually never even heard of that brand but they seem quite reasonably priced! I also don't need a full set but think I'm missing some key brushes so if you do find them individually, please do let me know! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same, and although the website wasn't too good for product listings I though it was worth giving them a mention as it was quite good, and affordable, if I come across them somewhere I will be sure to let you know! x

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of this brand but it definitely looks like a good crease brush! £6.80 per brush is very reasonably priced too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is really nice, I will be on the look out for more, although it seems they dont have much online presence so it was nice to discover them through glossy box! x

      Delete
  3. You can never have too many blending brushes right? My go-to are always MAC (the trusty 217 most of the time) but I've been loving Crown brushes lately too. Will have to have a little look into this brand!

    Kara
    www.spreadthesparkle.co.uk
    💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the crown brushes, might look into those! I agree though blending brushes are always a hit! x

      Delete
  4. This looks lovely! i love the shape xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a good brush for getting into the crease and blending out xx

      Delete