Monday, 20 February 2017

Pixi Glow Tonic

The pixi glow tonic is a product I have seen around the internet a few times and not been sure whether I would like it, or if to try it. I have heard so many good reviews but an exfoliating toner sounds a little bit complicated and the Glycolic acid sounds a little bit unnerving! I always said I would try it and it had been on my list for the longest time and I never quite bit the bullet, as soon as I spotted this in my advent calendar I was so excited. I could finally try this cult product that everyone seems to love without talking myself out of it as I already have it to hand.

The product comes in a orange tinted bottle with a green label and a green lid. The label has beautiful copper toned lettering on is very pleasing to look at.The cap is secure and doesn't feel like it will come loose or leak when taking traveling, so this is a really good size bottle to hang on to and I will probably pop it in my samples draw in order to always have a secure refill bottle for traveling.

The product is a clear liquid that has a distinct smell of the ginseng and aloe vera which is stated on the bottle. Although this isn't my favourite scent and I would perhaps prefer a lighter scent it doesn't bother me when I use it, and the smell doesn't seem to linger on the skin so it wouldn't stop me repurchasing it in the future. 

I find a little goes a long way with this and I don't feel I need to use excessive amounts of this when I am doing my skin care routine. The benefits of using the glow tonic are said to be it firming and tightening the skin, I can't say I have seen much evidence of this, but at 23 my skin isn't showing many signs of needing firming or tightening, however I will continually monitor this. It removes dead skin cells, which I do admit my skin always feels smooth and refreshed when I use this with my feeling less of a need for a scrub like exfoliator. My skin always looks healthy and radiant when I use this as part of my skincare and reflects the benefit claims of the product, as well as feeling nourished and like it has been well cleaned and smooth.

Overall I am really impressed with this product and can see why it has such a huge following and why it has become such a cult product. At £18 for 250ml it is a more premium product that I would perhaps be looking for in boots, but I am really impressed and will be adding it to my wishlist for repurchases, however I did buy a Garnier toner before I got the advent calendar so I will probably use that one up before repurchasing this one, just do there is no wasted product.

10 comments:

  1. This sounds like such a good product I can't believe I've not heard of it until now!x
    www.katherinerosie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it, I've seen a lot of other bloggers talk about it too which is reassuring as it gets a lot of good press xx

      Delete
  2. This has such lovely packaging but it is so expensive for what it is, although I guess it performs better than any other drugstore product! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really expensive for a toner, and I was really sceptical of it, I think now I have used it I'd be more willing to spend the money as I know how it will work, but I do hope there is a drugstore dupe as I don't want to spend too much on it x

      Delete
  3. I bought the travel sized bottle of this last year and I'm still not sure what I think of it, I think I haven't used it religiously enough to notice a significant change, maybe it's time it sat on my bedside as I'll remember to use it daily then! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found better results when I used it more consistently, I tried it a few times before introducing it properly and I think the regular use is the better way, I hope you like it!

      Delete
  4. I keep seeing this on social media and blogs etc, but I've never tried it yet. From your review, I would definitely think about giving it a go one day, although as you said it is a little more than I usually spend on skincare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, I would never have bought it full sized without trying it as I don't tend to go for pricier skin care, I'd like to continue with it but not sure I want to commit to the price x

      Delete
  5. I LOVE Pixi Glow Tonic! I use it every night as my toner/exfoliator and haven't found anything else that lives up to it (yet...I'm always on the look out for new beauty though).

    Kara
    www.spreadthesparkle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really enjoying it, I would love to hear if you find anything comparable too, as I love it, but don't know if I could make the commitment all the time for the price when I am so used to high street! x

      Delete