Monday, 27 February 2017

February Favourites

February is always a strange month, it seems to come and go in a flash, and while its only 2-4 days shorter than the rest of the months, there's something about it that always makes it feel really short and quick. Although, the sooner we get to summer the better at this rate, I'm tired of being cold and getting rained on, so I guess you can say they are a least favourite of the month! This month i have had some amazing opportunities and events that I have attended and I have been able to try out some really cool products that I have had in my collection and really fell in love with some. 



My first product I have been loving this month is the Essence light up your face palette, while I am trying so many products at the minute, since the first day I tried this I have used it on every day that I have used make up since. The highlighters are so beautiful on the skin but not too over the top, and the matte shade gives my face a little bit of shape without looking over contoured for day to day wear. If you want to see a full post on this you can find it here.

My next favourite is one I come back to all the time, my Naked original palette. I love Urban Decay and I can honestly say they are a staple brand in my eye shadows, I love the way they apply and the colours are simply stunning. The palette has a lot of colours that I can wear day to day with optional shades to smoke out the look with the deep grey shades, or make a deeper bronze toned eye. The lasting power and pigmentation of these is so amazing that I will never be without the Naked palettes. 

My next favourite is the Too faced melted long wear lip stick in the shade melted nude, I got a set of these a while ago and while I have wore some of the other shades I always steered away from this shade. I feel so weird in nude shades sometimes and really feel like they do not suit me at all, it can be so hard to break a barrier when you aren't used to wearing something, but this month I have tried this more and really like it, it is one I could wear to work and it wouldn't look like I had put an obvious lipstick on, but still gives my lip some dimension and definition in a subtle way. 

There are so many cool products that I have to test out and it can take so long to test things that I want to test things a few times before I use them fully, as well as regularly swapping out my continually used products such as foundation, eye shadows etc, so I try to change up what I have on every day and you sort of forget what you have been reaching for.

My last favourite this month is blogger events, I feel so incredibly lucky and grateful to be invited to such amazing events and have the opportunity to go to them. I got to experience some amazing places and I cannot wait to take my mum and my husband to some of the amazing places we went to. I am really looking forward to the fashion show in Nottingham next month and have the date safely noted in my diary to be sure I am on time and ready, as I am so excited to reboot my wardrobe in the coming months, as you may know about my current fashion struggles if you follow my posts. I have made so many amazing friends through blogging and I just love getting to see them and hang out at these events and it is really rewarding to know people like what you do. 

What have you been loving this month?

8 comments:

  1. The events this month were definitely my favourites too! So much fun! The naked palettes are a staple in my collection too - couldn't imagine being without them! 💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really have, a great way to kick off the year! I would be lost without it, whenever I don't use it for a while I go back to it and regret not using it for ages haha! x

      Delete
  2. love this post!! February definitely does feel like it flies by! the naked palette is just beautiful! I've loved all of the blogging events too <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I always forget that it seems so short until its over! The events were great I cannot wait to go back to the places we went to! x

      Delete
  3. It was great to see you at the events recently Sarah. I'm always going back to my original Naked Palette too - I rarely use anything other than that or the Too Faced Chocolate Bar one when I'm short on time. Fab post lovely.

    Kara
    www.spreadthesparkle.co.uk
    💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely to see you too! I agree they are so quick to just throw a look together with or to use a single colour all over the lid at a push, and I always know the quality will hold up too! x

      Delete
  4. Definitely going over to read about that Essence Palette now!!

    Jessie
    Jessiesjournalsite.wordpress.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good! I'll definitely be buying more from the brand! x

      Delete