Sunday, 22 January 2017

My Very Exclusive haul

A busy weekend on the haul front, however, I was in two minds whether to post this as I am sending the items back as they do not fit me properly, but threes a story to that! I love Very and the sister site Very Exclusive, the websites are easy to use and the brands they stock are ones I love and know I will always be drawn to. This makes it an incredible easy place to shop and I love browsing the site as I know I will love a lot of the products, but I will also inevitably end up buying things I probably don't meed...  On this occasion, I was shopping for a dress for a potential wedding outfit and also decided to try a dress I loved that was also in the sale like the one I thought would be good for a wedding.

I used the Click and Collect service as I go past the click and collect location on my way home from work and saved me having to pay postage on the items which is always nice. The dresses came packaged in a box, which opened to reveal a paper bag with Very Exclusive written on the front which is a lovely touch and makes you feel like you are getting the designer products you have bought. They then come wrapped in tissue paper with the Very Exclusive logo on them. The two dresses were folded neatly and were presented well in the packaging.
The dress I was most excited for was the Alexander McQueen dress, it is a beautiful mini dress with beautiful multi coloured detailing on it. The dress should have been £345 and was reduced down to £241 which I thought was a good deal as I loved it when it was full price and never got round to ordering it, so I knew it was now or never. I had to order one size too big in the dress as it was the only size left in stock, which I new was a gamble but I thought it was worth a try. I ordered a 10 and would have bought an 8 if it was available, however the 10 did feel good enough to keep if I thought it was exactly what I wanted. Somehow the print on the website looked more vibrant and more bold than I felt it did in person, and that in combination with me not feeling like it fit quite how I wanted it to. The material is thick and really substantial, and really good quality for money, it is slightly stretchy so fits comfortably and moves with the body. The dress is beautiful, however I feel I don't love it as much as I could for the price of it, Although it is out of stock I will link it here, as my size 10 dress will be going back in the next few days so if you want it and are that size you can keep an eye on the page. I have parcelled this up and it is sat by the front door awaiting its journey to the post office to go back but seeing it on on the pictures half makes me regret my decision to send it back, I love it, but know I wont wear it as much as I would like. 

The second dress is a beautiful summery dress from REDValentino, a fit and flare dress in a pale nude colour with beautiful violets printed on it. The dress retailed at £465 and is now £135, this is around 70% off if my maths serves me correctly, and I think it is a total bargain. They do still have this dress left in stock, so you can find it here if you want to pop over and have a look on the site. The dress is a polyester but feels nice to touch, and also feels sturdy and like it will last a long time. The only downside I have is the dress is dry clean only, however, for me it would be a special occasion dress so I would have time to get to a dry cleaners in plenty of time before I wore it again for another event or outing, so although it isn't practical, that alone wouldn't deter me. The dress wasn't something I instantly loved when I saw it, the pattern didn't shout out to me as something I needed to have in my wardrobe and the British summer can be a little unpredictable so I was unsure how practical it would be for myself who gets freezing even in summer. I feel the dress is beautiful but it isn't quite 'me' in the way it looks and how I feel in it, so I wouldn't feel completely comfortable in it for the day at a wedding. Another side note to add, Although I would class myself an 8 and went for the 10 as it was out of stock in an 8, this felt 2 sizes too big so I would have returned this for a size 6 if I had planned to keep it, so keep that in mind if you love the dress.

If money wasn't an object and I wont now be using this money to look into other options for event dresses to add to my wardrobe I would perhaps consider keeping these more, but I just know I wont reach for them in the way I hoped I would from the website, so I will have to part with them. I am really glad I was able to try them out and at least give them a fair chance in the running for what I hope to be an expansion on my event wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment