Wednesday, 4 January 2017

Models Own Chrome Grey

Chrome nails took the world by storm in 2016 and were everywhere on the internet. When I went to the clothes show I saw the models own chrome nail polishes and knew I wanted to get some as they look really interesting and will make a cool addition to my nail collection. I picked out this chrome grey shade as I thought it would be a cool silver colour which I could use as an accent, a base coat for glitter or even just a stand out shade on its own.


I knew it wasn't going to be as chrome as mirrored as the chrome powder nails, but I did expect it to be a little more true silver, however, the gunmetal shade this is is so pretty and probably something I wouldn't have chosen if I had realised, but I really love it!

The polish applies smoothly and goes on beautifully with minimal effort to cover the nail. The polish looks smooth no the nail and dried relatively quickly compared to some other nail polishes, meaning when I had to fish in my handbag about 5 minutes after my second coat there was zero worry of it smudging or denting like some nail polishes do for ages after where you feel helpless forever...

The nail polish does take two coats to get a full coverage and flawless looking nail polish look on the nails, which has a lovely shine to it on its own, or you could add a top coat, either a matte or glossy top coat would look really effective over the colour.

Overall I love this nail polish the deep, gun metal grey shade of the polish really does make me feel a little grunge but glam and is something I would have definitely been all over in my teen years, and probably would have wore a lot. I can imagine I will wear this a lot. I have a second shade in the chrome range which I will be trying soon too, so if you want to see another shade from the range let me know and I will review that one too!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment