Thursday, 12 January 2017

Collection Define and protect eyebrow powder

For a long time I tried not to mess with my brows, scared of over plucking them as a teenager and not having the confidence to go to a salon in case they didn't do them nice I was grateful my brows were generally quite a nice shape. In recent years I have become more comfortable plucking them myself and don't feel as though I need to go to a salon to keep them looking their best. I have used a few different types of brow products but always shy away from powder as it seems like it would be harder work and because I am an avid believer in wearing eye shadow primer before powder eye shadow I was skeptical of the longevity a powder brow product may have without a primer. When I received the Collection brow powder in my Glossybox I was really intrigued to give it a go and see how I got on. 

The powder comes in an liquid eyeliner style packaging with a felt tip like applicator that is spongy yet firm to apply the powder with. The packaging is really easy to hold and store and make it really comfortable to hold and control when applying to the brows. The sponge tip is firm but has a soft texture that feels nice on the skin making it pleasant to apply. 

The shade I was sent is Brunette, which I was hesitant about at first as although I have dark hair and dark eyebrows, browns can sometimes look too dark for me and like I have tried to fill them in with a black, however the colour is a lovely medium brown that can be applied slightly lighter or a little darker to vary the colour slightly. Not only does this mean you can have some parts more filled in and thicker than other if you like a more gradient look on your brows, but also that you can work out the best application if you find the colour slightly the wrong shade and you still want to find a way to make it work for you. 

The powder is really easy to apply it grabs onto the skin and hairs and stays in place really well showing great lasting power when you rub your finger over the skin to blend any edges of product that are have perhaps been applied slightly outside the brow area, The thin felt tip like applicator applies the powder thinly and easily with the option to build up the thickness of the lines and shading you are creating. The products is really easy to work with the create the look and shape you are going for without being too heavy or looking unnatural. I do usually top my brows with a clear brow gel just to hold the hairs in place and keep them looking amazing. 

I was very skeptical of this and didn't expect to like it as much as I did and for it to become my staple brow product on a day to day basis. I am so impressed with this and I definitely think it has convinced me to try more powder brow products in the future.  





No comments:

Post a Comment