Sunday, 2 October 2016

The lean machines Eat well Move better and Feel awesome

A nod to my favourites and my gym routines, I have been reading this book on and off since it came out, I love the way it is a coffee table style that you can dip in and out of as and when you can. I have used some of the recipes over the past few months and have also looked into the workouts to inspire me on days I have felt a little less enthusiastic about working out. I picked up the book after following them on YouTube for a while and being really excited to have their workout plans, food ideas and motivation presented in a way that I could look at and read any time, no matter where I am.



The book is broken down into three sections, Be happy, Eat well and Move better. The easy layout allows everything to be grouped together effectively, and the way the book begins with being happy. The book focuses on thinking about who you are, what you want to achieve and making personal goals and changes based on your life and what is best for you. I love the way it gets you to think about who you are as a person, you cannot chase someone else's goal, The way it addresses questions directly to the reader to fill in and go back to is really personal. We haven't filled ours in in the book as me and my fiance read the same one and didn't want to fill it in for one of us and not the other. I also don't like to write in books...

The book has lots of recipes in, from breakfasts, snacks, lunch and dinner as well as sweet recipes to give a variety to keep everyone happy and with something they will most likely want to cook and eat. Above you can see the jerk chicken wraps, I haven't personally made these yet, but the photos of the recipes and the detail of the cooking instructions is so well laid out and the photos really do make you want to eat what they are showing. The photography is excellent and well laid out, not just in the food section but through all of the book. I can't wait to cook more from this book! 

Home workout plans are also an amazing addition, it is so hard, even if you go into a gym, to know what workout to do or what areas to focus on, or for something like a burpee to even now what muscle group your supposed to be targeting when it seems to be a whole mix of things. I love the way it tells you how many to do, how long to rest for an what to do each day. These would be easy to copy out and take to the gym, take a photo of to have with you for the gym. They have different ones for different levels of fitness and so you can start on the beginner workout and as you progress you can move along with the workouts in the book and not get stuck for what to do next.

Overall I love this book, it is so informative, easy to read and has made an excellent addition to our combination of wanting to eat better, getting a personal trainer and gym membership and also just for when we are too busy to fit the gym in, or just want to do a little extra workout in the week. I definitely recommend at least having a look at this book if you see it in passing. This is one of my favourites for fitness and health and a firm staple on my bookshelf that I come back to over and over again. 

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment