Saturday, 22 October 2016

Rush Hair salon Nottingham event

On Thursday I was lucky enough to be invited along to Rush hair salon in Nottingham for an event to showcase the new salon that opened today. I was really grateful to have been given this opportunity, and I wont be the first to admit other than a trim every 6 weeks, I'm a stranger to salon experiences. It was great to get to see the salon and have a tour around as well as meet the stylists before it opens.



Downstairs in the salon the salon's hair dressers were offering colour and cut consultations to give the blogger an insight into the treatments that might work for them and the ideas of how they may change up their style if hey were thinking of doing so and had asked to know more about what the stylists may think.

Upstairs in the salon we were shown the styling room where they were offering GHD styling, the salon also sells the GHD products which is lovely as you can see how they perform on the hair when having it done and then buy them if you want them. there was also a braiding station and an updo station, you can see the updo station above.

 I had an updo in the salon done at the station I showed above. When the stylist asked what sort of thing I wanted to try I said I am getting married soon and was still unsure how I wanted my hair for the wedding, so any advice or ideas was greatly appreciated. He curled the ends of my hair but it did drop slightly after traveling home, which I expected as my hair wasn't at its peak on Thursday. He then did a beautiful swirl like pattern on the side with the section of my hair from the front. I felt like a princess when he had styled my hair like this, with minimal guidance and for someone I had only just met I feel like he captured the essence of my idea of bridal hair, and this is definitely something that is now topping the list of things I have seen for my bridal hair and I can envision I will have something similar on the day.

All the staff in store were so friendly, so welcoming and really nice to be around, it is definitely the sort of welcoming salon I would feel at home in, and will be making trips to if I know I am close by in the Nottingham city center area. The salon is bright, clean, airy and just the place I could see my self making regular appointments if I lived close enough. The upstairs area makes you feel like a VIP, and the hair washing stations are hidden from sight of the windows so you don't feel awkward having your hair shampooed in full view of the passers by.

The experience as the salon was amazing, and as we left we were presented with a goody bag, prosecco on arrival, and goody bags to leave, the organisation and VIP experience was beyond what I had expected. and it definitely made me feel very special and important which is always lovely. In the goody bag was a Keratase exceptional nutrition shampoo, and exceptional nutrition care conditioning product, as well as the elixir K ultime hair oil. I cannot wait to test these out and there will definitely be a review of these on here when I have had the chance to test them fully. We then got a pen, some love hearts and the Lindor chocolate that was on the counter top, and then, the ultimate thing I was most excited about was the complimentary blow dry  so I am very excited to book that in and find the time to go to Nottingham for a shop and pamper! I will also do a full review of the blow dry experience on my blog when I go for it.

If you are in the Nottingham city center area and you are looking for a salon to try, or to have your hair done, I would so highly recommend this one, I have a salon in my home town which I always go to, but I have had some awful experiences in salons and I know this ones will be amazing, with great staff who have great ideas and creativity with precision and excellent customer service.

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment